I filed a complaint with the PUCO in Ohio against Duke Energy of Cincinnati, ohio. They told me Duke had 10 days to respond to my complaint. It took almost 25 days and then a form letter from the agent in-charge which decided I was wrong and Duke was right which was not the truth. The agent used my name in place of Dukes representative and in my opinion needs further schooling on how to right a letter.

While on vacation Duke Energy took out my old electric meter and replaced it with a new meter. When I got back 11 days later they said my old meter had used 722 Kwh in 12 days. I explained the house was down and by record my average usage is 387 for that period of time so why with the house down did it double. They said there was nothing I could do but pay the bill so I asked to see the old meter two days after it was removed and they said it was destroyed and the burden of proof was on me. I stated look at my past electric bills and usage and then make a decission. The new meter was in for 20 days not 12 and only used 722 which was almost half so I hoped that they were honest and would they take another look.

Then I received an e-mail from an exec account manager from Duke stating she was in agreement with me and would give me a credit on my next bill. Needless to say I was happy. Then later I received the letter from the PUCO stating Duke was right and they sent me a notification and read the meter twice which was good enough to deny mike complaint. Now I had already settled with Duke so did this PUCO rep actually do anything? Or just backed Duke when I had all the evidence on my side and didn't know I had settled? In my opinion this agent who couldn't even get the names straight should be corrected by her Supervisor, retrained and issue an opology in writting to me. I would hope the govenor of Ohio who appoints should take a second look into this matter along with the PUCO management. Bottom line it was Dukes word against mine and I had all the evidence and still the PUCO agent ruled against me without knowing all the facts which even Duke decided I was right and fair on my average usage.

Had an Experience with PUCO?

Comments

It is my opinion that the PUCO needs overhauling.The horror stories I hear from the South about Duke is disgusting and in my opinion the PUCO cooperates with Duke more so than the person who has the grievance complaint.

So ask yourself why? I have read many times that Duke is very poor in responding to complaints.

It took me 41 years to get my lines supplying electric to my house to be changed to a different phase and finally they are doing it.Another words, if you stick it out and don't give up, maybe someday you to can be satisfied.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1159827

PUCO is nothing more than a fluff agency providing job security on the tax payer's dime.If PUCO was about anything, they would have investigated and penalized Duke years ago when it gave business breaks while increasing residential usage rates instead of a private party seeking legal resolution (Duke agreed to settle out of court in the millions to reimburse customers during the period in which it was attempting to financially rape residential customers while catering and being pimped by businesses).

If you or anyone else really, really wants to do something concrete, lasting, and positive, they would form groups in all 88 counties demanding local politicians support legislation making all utilities free to citizens of the state of Ohio (free in the sense that you don't have monthly bills) with the costs being pulled from our taxes.

If you have five people living in one home with one electric bill, you have 4 others using that utility virtually for free, so why not make all tax payers pay some across-the-board tax to support free utilities for all citizens in Ohio?There's 11.7 million Ohioans....factor those who are employed.....do the math...it could work.

Yes, you are correct that I was upset while writting a letter about a do nothing agency, like the PUCO.The State government gives out jobs in Ohio to people who do nothing but take money from citizens pockets.

Our new president will get rid of these tax drain jobs. I can't wait until November.

Bottom Line: you didn't answer the meat of the complaint and you know why? It's because of agencies like yours who do nothing and drain our pockets dry.

I will be laughing in November when the cuts start.Wakeup citizens of Ohio, the PUCO is not our friends and they don't listen, just take sides with corporate America.

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. In terms of "...further schooling on how to right a letter,." Try using some punctuation (not too much, now, like in the preceding example of a (,( and a (.); or again in this sample: "...the burden of proof was on me;." where you use a (;) and a (.)... It REALLY makes a difference in how people view your intelligence.)

As does spelling and typos: "opology"? "...to deny mike complaint", whoever "mike" is.

I would like to side with you, but I can't stop laughing.

to run-on sentence, much? #704875

Why are you even responding?You are being childish.

The man had a valid complaint, was writing (probably in a hurry about his issues) and you are laughing.

to run-on sentence, much? #1159828

Obvious troll who is more focused on side issues than the problem. Probably works for PUCO or Duke Energy or is of such low intelligence that they cannot grasp the significance of your complaint but rather spend countless keystrokes pointing out insignificant issues.....like a kid who whines that Franky got more cookies than he did albeit they both have cookies.

Use Craigslist in the general section and start forming groups and if everyone does this and we start connecting, we can start pushing local legislators to create legislation removing PUCO or at least make it a real regulatory commission that works for the people and not for those whom it claims to regulate.